In eight years of blogging, I don’t think I’ve participated in more than 10 memes. I could be wrong, but I’m not about to dig through thousands of entries to prove it. Bob at the Writing Journey asks if we meme. My response:
I find meme postings interesting and insightful. I learn more about the person behind them. But I rarely subscribe to memes in my own blog — more so in the Bionic Ear blog because it’s a personal blog.
I do memes in e-mail though — my friends aren’t bloggers and we love learning about each other through these memes.
So this post motivated me to take up Bob on his meme.
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share 4 things in these themes.
4. Tag 4 random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
So, here we go, my lists of 4s:
4 jobs I have had
* Radio Shack headquarters file slave.
* Toys R Us checker and stocker.
* Gift wrapper in my mom’s short-lived wrapping store.
* Data entry for a cool antique car catalog.
4 movies I can watch over and over
I had to think about this one. I have so many movies that I want to see that I don’t like to waste time watching something I’ve already seen. It was more of a… do I want to reveal what I like though it means I might come across as a dork?
* A Chorus Line: I know it didn’t do well, but I love this musical and it’s all we got on video.
* Fiddler on the Roof. Funny, strong story, and great songs.
* Oklahoma! Sensing a pattern here…? Remember, I follow musical movies better with captions than staged shows. But I do enjoy going to the theater.
* Mame. Stinks that Angela Lansbury didn’t get to do this, but I could play the big Mame song scene hundreds of times without getting sick of it.
4 places I have lived: Actually, this is the COMPLETE list.
* Fort Worth, Texas: Born and bred there. Stayed until married.
* Alexandria, Virginia: First place after the wedding.
* Washington, DC: When we finally got base housing, we moved out of our Alexandria apartment into a three bedroom house on Bolling
* Plano, Texas: My current home.
4 TV shows I love
* Veronica Mars: I discovered it and watched all three seasons after it had been canceled. It broke my heart that this show didn’t get the recognition it deserved. Even my teen daughter loved it and she learned about it from me! How often does a teen listen to Mom?
* Charmed: Just a wonderful show that managed to overcome the lost of a major character It ended on a perfect note.
* Friends: Talkin’ about my generation. Fraiser: Smart comedy.
* Tie (shows on now): Monk and Psych: Love the combination of comedy and a good mystery where we can try to solve it ourselves. Medium: Scary fascination — kind of like Dexter but without the main character being a serial killer plus a family we can relate to. I don’t like scary, but these two I do. Just discovered and watch two seasons of Dexter in the past two weeks! Curb Your Enthusiasm: Rolling on the floor comedy.
4 places I have been on vacation
* Florida. Lost count.
* Vegas. Great for a short getaway, but tired of it now.
4 of my favorite dishes
* Qdoba’s nachos. I can’t get sick of them no matter how hard I try.
* Pizza. Hard to find good pizza that’s not “chain-like” tasting these days.
* A good burger.
4 web sites I visit daily
* Woot.com. Just never know what I find. Sure, I stupidly bought some stuff.
* Gamezebo. Superb casual games site with an active community.
* The Diamond Games. It’s his fault I love casual games.
* NYU Online. Gotta check on the students and make sure they’re getting work done.
4 places I would rather be now
* England. My dream vacation.
* U.S. city I have yet to visit. This includes Chicago, Seattle, and San Francisco. O’Hare doesn’t count.
4 bloggers I am tagging
* Like Bob, I’m skipping this.
* I never cared for tagging or publicly announcing who I think will respond and won’t respond.
* Besides, memes catch on with little help.
* I don’t have a fourth comment.