The Described and Captioned Media Program (DCMP), formerly known as The Captioned Media Program, has a new home. The change makes sense since it covers or adds the following:
* Video-described media for persons who are blind and visually impaired.
* Educational video description guidelines.
* Searchable information portal, including links to information from educational and consumer groups.
* Expanded media search options.
* “DCMP for Kids” section with separate student accounts, so students can directly access DCMP under the monitoring of teachers and parents who will determine which subject areas are accessible.
* Delivery methods including downloading media and access to streaming via both Real Player and Windows Media Player.